|July 8||July 10|
Review Java Syntax
I will research and add details.
- Brief description of project
- Class diagram (enhanced BlueJ format)
- Yours DON”T have to be this complicated!
- List of events and response
- State machine diagram useful in some cases
- Sequence of development goals
(Mostly Greenfoot) Things to Try
- Save the world
- Intro to Greenfoot slideshow
- Greenfoot videos by Tanner Crow
- Project ideas
- See above videos?
- Published user projects
- Traffic light simulator show internal state details
- “Causeless” traffic jam simulator
- Flocking “boids” (this can be improved!)
- Try out simulations on NetLogo
Topics to Cover
- How are things going?
- Exceptions doc page
- BlueJ exceptions demo
- Enum class (BlueJ demo, State diagram)
- Atom (soon!)
- Java FX intro (soon!)
- Project proposals (soon!)
- Robocode (soonish!)
- “Fill-in-the-blank” quiz tomorrow morning
- Assignment below due Thursday
Homework / Project
Due Thursday, but contact me early with problems or if you think you need an extension. I think this is easier than the snake. (Feel free to hand it in tomorrow. 🙂 )
Please browse the instructions in case you have questions for study group tonight.
Apologies! I said that bouncing the ball off the wall would be “difficult” but we are not using move() here; we are moving the ball by X and Y offsets here (variables “velX” and “velY”. This should be much easier to figure out.