Goals of this class, simplified:
- Become fluent in the basics of Java so you can sit down to an empty file and start writing code.
- Become comfortable and confident exploring Java documentation and searching the internet to solve problems and learn new thing.
- Week 3
- Tuesday: Functioning partial project due (no bugs!); Assignment 4
- Thursday: Term projects & Assignment 4 due; Quiz 3; survey
- Friday: Parents visit 11am; class ends at noon.
Skills we will learn
- Writing Java programs
- Professional Java style and Conventions
- Commenting and documenting using “JavaDoc” standards
- Understanding and using Java documentation
- Using the debugger
- Event and error handlers
- Source code management with Git?
- Robocode battles!?
Here’s the most recent class I taught: http://microcontrollers.ctd.mjspieglan.com/